We held a sprint in Pittsburgh April 18-19, during which we made considerable progress. Participants included:
Below is the whiteboard we used for planning the sprint. Once the sprint began, we moved much of our activity to the Ductus trac instance.
Goals for the sprint
- Create as many English lessons as possible
- Make it easy to fork an English lesson by rewriting the phrases in a different language (and possibly changing the pictures) [we did this by script, but the general case is deferred]
- Create at least one Chinese lesson [done]
- Improve each of the current Ductus modules (picture [check], picture_choice [check], and textwiki [check]) [done]
- Try to get more people involved, and to get feedback
- Ductus documentation
- Future planning [check]
Goals added during the sprint
- Make it obvious for a user to find a picture’s attribution/license info.
- Cache picture resizes/rotations
Important projects, too big to do during the sprint
- improve PictureChoiceLesson editing interface
- license handling
- user and group wikis (with automatic permissions)
Actually, there are too many things to list here. We started opening tickets on code.ductus.us. The highest priority items are the ones we are aiming to have complete by our 0.1 release.